Before calling or submitting a work order, please check our Trouble Shooting Guide to the right for the most common problems, and simple solutions. If you are unable to
resolve the problem, please submit a work order below. Please explain your problem clearly and as much detail as you can.
For EMERGENCIES Call (931) 241-1984
- Plunge the toilet before calling or submitting a work order.
- Use a plunger with a black head--not red.
- Reduce load size. (No bulky items should be loaded in the washer, ie: pillows, blankets, comforters, TA-50 gear, etc.
- Pull the dryer away from the wall & make sure dryer vent is not blocked.
- Check the lint trap. Always clean before using dryer.
- Check ice maker line, turn off water behind the refrigerator. Call maintenance.
- Turn water on under sink.
- Check soap type. Never use liquid dish detergent, only automatic dishwasher detergent.
- Check to make sure breaker switched on & thermostat is switched to "ON".
- Check thermostat and compare to actual reading.
ex: Setting is 72, but reading is 70 - Normal.
ex: Setting is 75, but reading 40 - Not normal (also depends on outside temp.)
- CALL MAINTENANCE ASAP! Turn off water heater at the source until maintenance arrives. (Main water source is a red or blue handle near water heater)
- Trip breaker to water heater & reset. Wait about 1 hour to see if hot water is working.
- For lower units with water leaks coming thru the bathroom ceiling - CALL MAINTENANCE ASAP!
- For lower units with water leaks coming thru the kitchen ceiling CALL MAINTENANCE ASAP!
- For all other leaks CALL MAINTENANCE ASAP! For leaks under sinks, trap water with a bucket or pan until maintenance arrives.
- If elements are not working but lights are, check to be sure stove is plugged in properly.
- Make sure new bulbs are used. Do not switch or replace bulbs with old (used) bulbs.
- Hit "reset" button on GFI plug in kitchen, living room, or outside plug.
- If beeping is constant, change battery or submit work order.
- If alarm goes off during the winter, this is usually caused by the heater burning dust off the element. Allow alarm to run & fan fumes away.
- DO NOT remove the battery or disarm the smoke alarm in any way!